Monday, December 6, 2010

Panday launches foundation to help poor .

Gail Alexander
From : http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/11/26/panday-launches-foundation-help-poor
Published: 26 Nov 2010

Former prime minister Basdeo Panday has launched the Basdeo Panday Foundation to assist the poor and those who fail to make contact with the authorities. Speaking from Rienzi Complex where the foundation is located, Panday said yesterday: “The foundation was launched last week and registered. I intend to spend the rest of my life continuing the work I have done for 40 years, trying to take up the problems of those who cannot afford to resolve their problems, especially since many of them have come to me saying they cannot get in touch with their MPs anymore.

“People have told me they (MPs) no longer answer their phones and they do not come to constituency offices anymore.” Panday said he would be assisting with whatever problems people had, including lack of water and lights. Asked how he would be able to help if he was not in Government, Panday said: “I’ll write to those responsible on the issue. I understand you cannot get ministers on the phones — I was the only one who has always answered his own phone, so my constituency now is the whole of T&T.”

No comments:

Post a Comment